Indulge in the Flavors of Fall with This Irresistible Pumpkin Loaf Cake Recipe
Embrace the Cozy Season with Irresistible Pumpkin Bread—and Discover the Ultimate Pumpkin Loaf Cake Recipe to Treasure
Fall is the season that brings out my most basic side. Yes, I’m talking about the vanilla-scented candles, plush throws, handmade artisanal mugs, and of course, pumpkin spice everything. If fully embracing my Rory Gilmore side is wrong, then I don’t want to be right. Inevitably, at this time of year, I find myself obsessively searching for the best pumpkin bread recipe. I dive deep into the rabbit hole of reviews in a quest to find the ultimate loaf for the season. Last year, I even tested the five best pumpkin bread recipes on the internet to determine the winner. But still, I felt like I hadn’t achieved perfection. So, after countless experiments and adjustments to make it truly my own, I finally landed on today’s pumpkin cake recipe… with cream cheese frosting! It embodies everything I adore about pumpkin goodness. Stick around for some expert tips on how to make this tantalizing pumpkin cake, and be sure to leave a comment if you give it a try.
How to Make This Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
First and foremost, this recipe is a one-bowl wonder that you can whip up in under 30 minutes. It’s perfect for a weekend baking project with the kids or for those moments when you just want to bake without overthinking. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for the cake: – All-purpose flour – Baking powder – Baking soda – Salt – Cinnamon – Ground ginger – Melted unsalted butter (because it’s tastier than vegetable oil) – Eggs – Brown sugar – Sugar – Canned pumpkin – Vanilla extract
The method follows a typical process of mixing the wet ingredients, adding the dry ingredients, and then baking the batter to golden perfection. Simple and delicious!
All About This Cream Cheese Frosting
Now, let’s talk about the pièce de résistance – the cream cheese frosting. Trust me, it’s out of this world. Make sure to use full-fat cream cheese at room temperature. In a mixer, blend it with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. But here’s the secret ingredient: heavy cream. It magically whips up and lightens the entire frosting, making it fluffy and divine.
Tips for Success
To ensure your pumpkin cake turns out perfectly, here are some expert tips to keep in mind: – Use room temperature ingredients for a seamless blend. – Opt for high-quality, canned 100% pure pumpkin. Don’t be tempted by “pumpkin pie filling.” – Prepare your loaf pan by lightly spraying it to ensure easy removal of the cake.
Tips for Getting the Perfect Texture
Baking time is key here. Overcooking will result in dryness, while undercooking will leave your pumpkin cake too moist. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake after an hour of baking. If it comes out with wet batter, bake for another 10 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs, it’s ready to be enjoyed.
Ingredient Swaps and Other Ideas
Here are some fun variations and substitutions you can try: – Swap out the spices: If you’re not a fan of nutmeg or ground cloves, use cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla instead. Or go all-in with a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. – Make cupcakes or muffins: Fill a muffin tin about two-thirds full with the batter and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. – Boost the protein: Add two scoops of vanilla protein powder to the dry ingredients and reduce the flour by two tablespoons. – Incorporate more whole grains: Substitute half of the all-purpose flour with white whole-wheat flour. – Add some texture: Mix in a scoop of toasted walnuts or pecans for a delightful crunch.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes You’ll Love This Fall
If you’re still craving more pumpkin goodness, check out these delectable recipes: – No-Bake Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie: It’s a pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake combined into one heavenly dessert. – No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars: These bars take the no-bake concept and turn it into delightful treats perfect for any holiday potluck. – Chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze: These cookies are perfectly spiced with cinnamon and topped with a delectable icing. They pair flawlessly with a cup of coffee.
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Author: VoiceAngel
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
This pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting is the ultimate cozy baking recipe you need this fall. Moist and spicy, it’s perfect for curling up with a cup of coffee.
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
For the cream cheese frosting: – 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature – 1 cup powdered sugar – 2 tablespoons maple syrup – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 1/2 cup heavy cream
Optional garnish: toasted pecans, walnuts, star anise
Cook Mode: Prevent your screen from going dark
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and position the oven rack in the middle. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray or grease with softened butter.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar on medium-high for 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Use a fork to lightly combine the dry ingredients. Turn the mixer to the lowest setting and beat until no flour is visible.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, stir the batter a few times, and transfer it to the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 60 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs, it’s ready. If wet batter is still visible, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth. With the mixer running, gradually add the heavy cream and beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread a thick layer of the frosting on top of the cake. Add toasted pecans, walnuts, or star anise as a garnish if desired. Slice and enjoy!
- Store the cake in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Alternatively, freeze the unfrosted cake in a gallon-sized freezer bag or wrapped tightly in foil for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge before frosting.
Prep Time: 30 Cook Time: 60 Category: dessert
Keywords: best pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, cream cheese frosting, fall desserts
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag @VoiceAngel. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!